Altas Palmas Animal Clinic is a small animal practice in Harlingen, TX, currently employing six full time veterinarians and 31 support staff. Our primary focus is dogs and cats, but we do have a small exotic case load as well. We are searching for an additional full-time veterinarian licensed in Texas to work in this fast-paced, client-oriented practice. The largest, most progressive practice in rapidly growing Harlingen, we are centrally located in the Rio Grande Valley. Our town is just a short drive to the popular, beautiful beaches of South Padre Island. With fishing, bird watching, and hunting all near, it is a great location to enjoy outdoor living. If you are looking to shop, you will also enjoy our Rio Grande Valley Premium Outlets. Our doctors are dedicated, long-term employees that work as a close knit team and strive to balance career with family life. Our clinic features a well equipped lab, radiology department including digital radiography, modern dental suite with radiology telemedicine, and a surgical suite. We offer a very competitive salary, professional dues (AVMA, TVMA, Rio Grande Valley VMA), license fees, professional liability insurance, CE allowance, and two weeks paid vacation. New graduates are welcome. Please visit our website at www.altaspalmas.com.
Job Purpose: Maintains animal health by diagnosing and treating diseases and injuries.
Duties: * Determines nature of disease or injury by examining pets; examining small animals.
* Restores health by treating animals medically and surgically.
* Prevents rabies, burcellosis, and other disorders by testing animals; providing inoculations.
* Promotes health of animals by advising animal owners about sanitation measures, feeding, and general care.
* Documents actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and animal records; reporting diseases to public health officials.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Enhances veterinary clinic reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Altas Palmas Animal Clinic was established in 1979 by Dr. Romulo Rangel, Jr. for treatment of both large and small animals. Since then we have grown to a multi-doctor practice performing medicine and surgery for small animals as well as exotic animals. Our growth and success is a result of our commitment to caring for pets and their owners.