Apollo North Veterinary Hospital in Glendale, Arizona is seeking a full-time Associate Veterinarian to join our practice! We are a progressive general practice featuring digital dental x-ray, orthopedic surgical equipment, a full-service surgery suite, cryotherapy, fully-equipped pharmacy, annual wellness plans, and experienced support staff. Our ideal candidate is confident in medicine, soft tissue surgery, and dental procedures. Experience with orthopedics, reptiles, and pocket pets beneficial but not required. Doctors with 5+ years experience may be eligible for a generous signing/retention bonus!
Located in sunny Glendale, Arizona, our progressive general practice is dedicated to providing the community of Glendale and the surrounding areas with outstanding veterinary care. We provide primary care, referral services, and emergency services. Our highly trained doctors and team members are dedicated to meeting the needs of our clients and patients in a friendly and compassionate manner.
For more information, please visit our website at apollonorthanimalhospital.com!
- Full service surgery suite
- Orthopedic surgical equipment
- Digital dental x-ray
- Pet Annual Wellness Plans for dogs & cats (PAW Plans)
- Anesthesia-Intravenous & Isoflurane Inhalant Anesthesia with Advanced Monitoring Techniques
- Cryo therapy
- Oxygen tent for critical patients
- Fully equipped pharmacy
- Experienced staff including LVT and CVT
The Community of Glendale
Outdoor recreational opportunities abound in Maricopa County, including some of the best golfing, hiking, fishing, boating, water-skiing, horseback riding, camping, and canoeing to be found in Arizona. Glendale is suburb located in the northwestern region of Maricopa County. We are 30 minutes from downtown Phoenix, 1 ½ hours from Sedona, 3 hours from the Grand Canyon and approximately 5 hours from Las Vegas.
The area is well represented with churches, social organizations, shopping areas, restaurants, local nightlife, etc. We have several specialty practices within 20-30 minutes from our hospital, including Midwestern University which is located across the street from us.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
- Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
- Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort
- Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols
- Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine
- Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service
- Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM/VMD) or related degree from an accredited university
- At least 1 year of experience as an Associate Veterinarian
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics
- Experience with orthopedics, reptiles, and pocket pets preferred
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Works collaboratively with hospital team members
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively
- Manages time and tasks appropriately
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.