Date: March 2017
Nipomo Dog & Cat Hospital is searching for an experienced Hospital Manager to join our growing three-doctor practice located on the beautiful Central Coast region of California.
We are seeking a resourceful leader that can guide our team from both a short and long-term perspective.
Our desired candidate will have a proven background in human relations management, as well as a strong experience level in the following areas:
- Customer service development
- Financial analysis (including budget preparation, profit & loss evaluation and basic hospital accounting procedures)
- Computer literacy – Familiarity with Macintosh computers helpful
- Recent veterinary practice management
The Hospital Manager, under the guidance of the clinic owners, performs a wide range of administrative activities related to the hospital. The Hospital Manager mentors the staff and oversees the business operations, the quality of patient care and client service, and facility maintenance and ensures a profitable operation of the practice.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree in a related field.
- Experience with HR and/ or employee counseling and mentoring.
- Minimum 2 years veterinary clinic management
- Strong business background including budgets, charge capturing and P&L review.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially to a diverse range of audiences and settings.
- The ability to make decisions, delegate responsibility and achieve results.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and deal with an environment of changing priorities.
- Maintain current development of the veterinary, technical and administrative staff ensuring continued quality patient care and excellent client service.
- Oversee the hiring, training, reviewing, disciplining and terminating of staff, in accordance with and with the approval of the Management team.
- Responsible for hospital budgets, operating expenses, open accounts, charge capturing and P&L review.
- Establish, document, and uphold hospital protocols, policies and procedures.
- Develop and implement local marketing strategies / positively represent the hospital to the local professional community and general public.
- Paid personal time off (vacation and sick)
- Contribution to health insurance plan
- Retirement program - Simple IRA
- Continuing education allowance
- Discounts on personal pet care
If you are interested in this position please forward your current resume and references or any questions to:
Attn: Ben Trogdon - NDCH Management Position