- Ability to drive the service and client service process.
- Ability to prioritize caseload and patient care.
- Ensure patients receive quality care.
- Ensure documentation is accurate and complete.
- Manage appointments: obtain histories, medical record keeping, invoicing, patient discharges, etc.
- Assist in procedures: preparation of patients, instruments, equipment and medications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent client service skills and phone etiquette.
- Ability to inspire, teach, multitask and be a highly functional team member.
- Attention to detail.
- Work successfully as a team member and autonomously.
- Sense of urgency.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Effective patient restraint.
- Proficient in calculations (drugs, constant rate infusions, unit conversions, etc.).
- Flexibility with work hours and able to work additional hours when necessary.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Prior veterinary experience required.
- Preferred Bachelor’s or Associates degree in Animal Sciences, Veterinary Technology or a related field.
- Licensed/Registered/Certified Veterinary Technician is preferred.
All candidates must complete an acceptable background check, including references and a pre-employment drug test.
Shift: Full time position. Rotating schedule to include weekends and on-call. Specific work hours to be determined based on assignment and needs of the departments.
Full benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, short-term and long term disability, life insurance, 401K, PTO, continuing education, uniform allowance and pet care discounts are available.
With practices in Alabama, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, and Ohio, MedVet is one of the most dynamic specialty practices in veterinary medicine. Please visit our website at www.medvetforpets.com and check out our Facebook page for additional information. Check out our careers page for specifics on positions available https://www.medvetforpets.com/employment.