All City Pet Care South and Veterinary Emergency Hospital in Sioux Falls, SD is looking for an Emergency Associate DVM to join our practice.
Great Mentorship Opportunity for New Graduates!!
All City Pet Care South and Veterinary Emergency Hospital are located in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Sioux Falls is located on the eastern side of SD. The population is approximately 200,000 in the metro area. We provide primary care, referral services and a fully staffed ER hospital. We are looking for an enthusiastic team player to join our night ER.
More information at www.allcitypetcaresouth.com and www.veterinaryemergencyhosp.com
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL
- Modern building with 6 exam rooms, treatment area, procedure room, surgery suite, isolation room, etc.
- In-house laboratory capabilities for blood chemistries, electrolytes, complete blood count, urinalysis, culture and sensitivity, and various ELISA tests. Also, use of an external full-service lab.
- Pentax Flexible Endoscope.
- Fovea Digital X-Ray System.
- GE Ultrasound.
- Digital Dental X-Ray and ultra-sonic dental equipment.
- Large Oxygen Kennel with temperature and humidity control.
- Isoflourane anesthesia and surgical monitors.
- In house blood bank with stable pool of tested donors.
- Complete pharmacy.
- Avimark Veterinary management program with computers in each exam room and throughout the hospital.
Sioux Falls is a friendly, safe, growing community in eastern South Dakota. Recreational opportunities include fishing, hunting, kayaking, biking our beautiful bike path and snow activities of all kinds! Enjoy cultural activities at our Washington Pavilion Arts and Science center or enjoy a concert or sporting event at our soon to be built Event Center. We have many restaurants, churches, social organizations and shopping areas. We are a regional medical center with 3 large hospitals in Sioux Falls. These are just some of the reasons Sioux Falls is a great place to live and work!
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients. New Grads Welcome to Apply!
- Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
- Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
- Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
- Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
- Manages time and tasks appropriately.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
- Emergency Medicine experience required
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.