Butler Veterinary Associates located in Butler, PA is looking to hire an Associate DVM to join their team!
We are a large group practice that provides general practice as well as emergency services in the Butler/North Pittsburgh area. We get many challenging cases to keep your diagnostic, medical and surgical skills sharp. All this in a strong team-based environment. We see ourselves as a step between most general practices and board certified specialists in what we can offer clients diagnostically, medically and surgically.
About our hospital:
- GE Logiq Ultrasound
- Full in-house lab
- Digital X-Ray
- Full dental suite with digital x-ray
- Force Triad surgical cautery
- Steam & Gas sterilization
What we’re looking for:
- 1-3 years’ experience however new grads are welcome to apply
- Great Communication Skills
- Coverage with evening/weekend ER shifts as well
- Teamwork & flexibility
What we offer:
- Paid time off
- Paid CE
- Paid Doctors License renewals
- Health Insurance
Find more information at www.butlervet.com!
Butler is a medium sized town that offers a moderate to low cost of living and is just 45 minutes from downtown Pittsburgh which offers plenty of sports, entertainment and cultural events. Great environment for families with children, good schools, many churches and many outdoor activities available. Area is growing economically as well. Great middle class community to live and work.
Find more information on Butler, PA at www.visitbutlercounty.com!
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
- Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
- Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
- Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend Continuing Education meetings.
- Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
- Other duties as assigned.
If you are looking for a career adventure and an opportunity for unmatched personal growth, we want to hear from you.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.