Exciting Opportunity to Work in a Growing & Versatile Practice in Central Pennsylvania
Looking for something unique?
It’s time to branch out from the corporate clinics and join a versatile team at Healing Paws Veterinary Care! Our unique environment of both traditional and mobile care provides excitement to the day-to-day operations and a wealth of other opportunities for personal growth.
Healing Paws Veterinary Care is opening a brand-new facility this summer in Carlisle, PA! Be a part of our growth. We want you to love what you do and to help you learn!
- Excellent and utilized support staff lets you focus on being a doctor - spending your time on client communication and diagnostics
- No evening or weekend emergencies
- Less than 40 hour work week
- Package includes continuing education, support for learning opportunities, vacation time, personal/sick leave, dues, and license fees
- VIN membership provided as well as Fear Free certification – we love learning!
- New graduates and experienced veterinarians are both welcome
- Full-time preferred, but part-time candidates will be considered
- Small ruminant and camelid skills can be developed but not required
- We are a primarily canine and feline practice but welcome diversity, always looking for new services to provide.
- Community events allow you to give back to your clients and community
- Weekly staff and doctor meetings provide mentorship and team building opportunities
We provide high quality, compassionate medical care in a unique combination of traditional, mobile and home environments. Our state of the art mobile unit contains many of the amenities of a traditional clinic and provides our clients with the opportunity to stay at home with their pets for all of their veterinary care or, if they choose, they can come to us. Our new facility (opening August 2017) is designed using Fear Free practice standards that keep patient, client and staff comfort in mind. Our doctors and staff have access to a fully stocked pharmacy, digital radiography, in house and send out labs, class IV laser therapy and a mobile ultrasound technician. We are members of the American Association of Feline Practitioners and are known for our strong focus on multi-modal osteoarthritis care in both canines and felines. Our practice cares for cats and dogs as well as adding some diversity with small ruminants and camelids.
At just 3 years old, Healing Paws won the Best Veterinarian in Cumberland County in 2016! Our clients know how much we care as we enjoy spending time getting to know them at each appointment (traditional appointments are 30 minutes and house calls are at least one hour in length). This time is used for client education and to tailor treatment to each specific pet and owner’s needs.
If you are looking to live in an area with a small-town feel without sacrificing all the amenities of a larger city, Carlisle is the place for you! Located on the I-81 corridor, our beautiful town is spacious with a lively town center filled with restaurants, nightlife, shopping, events and more. Are you a hiker? The Appalachian trail is practically in your back yard. Larger cities are only a 30 minute drive – including our state capital of Harrisburg! Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. are also within driving distance.