Appalachian Animal Clinic has had the opportunity to serve the pets and people of Cleveland and Bradley County, Tennessee for over 30 years! We are a full-service hospital offering services to all dogs, cats, a few exotics and pocket pets. We provide surgery, diagnostics and x-rays, pet dentistry, microchipping, pet nutritional counseling and boarding and grooming. Combined with progressive resources and technologies, our vet clinic can provide quality care to all pets within any stage of their lives. Our team is fueled by their passion for helping animals along with having an enjoyable and upbeat work environment. Located near the Appalachians and Smokey Mountains, Appalachian Animal Clinic is great for anyone who enjoys hiking, rafting and just getting outdoors! If you are interested in joining our growing family, we love to have like-minded individuals in which we can grow and work toward fulfilling our "Why" in helping pets.
• Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
• Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
• Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
• Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend Continuing Education meetings.
• Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
• Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
• Treat every client like family and each patient like your own pet.
• Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university
• Licensure in good standing to practice in the state of Tennessee
• Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude
• The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members
• Respect for and willingness to work with clients and their pets
• Compassionate team player who can uphold great reputation with clients
• A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics
• Proficiency in surgery a plus
About Southern Veterinary Partners
Southern Veterinary Partners is a veterinarian owned and managed regional network of animal hospitals with the common goal of providing the highest quality veterinary care to companion animals.
Headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama, Southern Veterinary Partners pursues partnerships with like-minded veterinarians to build our network of high quality and service-oriented animal hospitals.