I started Ranger Veterinary Services LLC about 1 1/2 years ago to create a more rewarding work/life balance. Being able to have such a flexible schedule has allowed me to take more time to enjoy my family and has freed me to regain my passion for veterinary medicine. I learn so many new techniques and styles of practice at each different clinic. I love being able to help our colleagues as well.
Now, I invite you to work with me to be the leading relief provider in Wichita, KS and surrounding area. This position is paid per hour or per shift.
You will have the opportunity to travel to assigned veterinary clinics and provide relief services, establishing a relationship of honesty, integrity and trust with practice owner, support staff and clients.
Our goal is to grant much needed respite to our veterinary colleagues, maintain a positive attitude while being a team leader for support staff, and administer quality medicine and care to patients and clients.
2 part time positions available
Job Responsibilities as Associate Relief Veterinarian * Build rapport with clients by gathering information, listening to, and empathizing with their concerns * Perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort. * Communicate with clients and primary veterinarian on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs. * Maintain thorough client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary records are kept up-to-date through established protocols with legible writing. * Stay current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine. * Provide leadership and guidance to support staff in absence of practice owner
* Present a positive image of the hospitals and networks to maintain connectivity
*Travel may be required
Required Skills as Associate Relief Veterinarian * Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics. * Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills. * Work collaboratively with hospital team members and relief staff.
* Make decisions confidently and effectively. * Manage time and tasks appropriately. * Model a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients. * Maintain positive attitude while remaining flexible and adaptable within various hospital settings
* Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
Relief Veterinarian Information:
Requirements for Associate Relief Veterinarian
* A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university. * Veterinary and DEA licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
* Minimum 3 years of experience in practice.
* Basic knowledge of AVImark and Cornerstone computer systems.