Thank you for expressing an interest in the internship opportunities at EFBC’s Feline Conservation Center. The internship is a minimum 12 week program, however a longer duration can be considered.
This program provides first hand training and experience in maintaining wild felines in captivity. This includes:
· Animal husbandry, such as habitat cleaning and maintenance.
· Behavioral observation including the maintaining of health, food, and medication charts.
· Animal enrichment development and administration.
· Dietary preparation.
· Observation and assistance in medical procedures, if the situation is warranted. Interns majoring in veterinary medicine may have an opportunity to work with our veterinarians at their private clinics as well.
· Hand rearing neonate training, if the situation is warranted.
· Educating the public by giving tours and possible offsite lectures.
Working hands on with over 15 different feline species will give you insight into the varying species behaviors, gestation, breeding, diet, etc.
EFBC is a nonprofit organization and does not offer paid internships. On site housing can be provided for interns at a rate of $55 per week. On site housing is available on a first come, first serve basis.
If you prefer to arrange outside housing, EFBC will attempt to put you in contact with other interns wishing to do the same and who are interested in sharing those expenses with roommates.
The issuance of college credits is dependent upon your university.
· Cover letter, including your career goals and how the program will assist you in those goals, requested duration period including an estimate as to date of arrival and date of departure, and if you would like to utilize onsite housing or not.
· Complete CV including College Transcripts with GPA.
Submit via email, mail, or fax to:
EFBC’s Feline Conservation Center
3718 60th Street West Rosamond, CA 93560
661-256-3793 Fax 661-256-6867
About EFBC's Feline Conservation Center
EFBC's Feline Conservation Center is dedicated to the protection and preservation of endangered wild felines. We are an exotic feline breeding center that focuses on education and research that benefits the survival and longevity of endangered or threatened wild felines.