The Humane Society of Western Montana serves over 1,500 animals each year, maintains an adoption rate of over 98%, and works with our community to enhance the lives of pets and their people. In addition to caring for shelter pets, we also provide low-cost spay/neuter services for community pets and we travel to rural areas around the western part of the state to provide spay/neuter and preventive health services.
Medical amenities include:
- New mobile hospital that includes digital x-ray, surgery suite, and dental equipment
- In-shelter surgery suite with preoperative prep table, heated cage banks, two surgery tables, and a dental machine
- Portable ultrasound machine
- Cold laser unit
- Bloodwork sent to hospital in town, with results in less than 24 hours
- Purchase of dental radiograph unit pending
Missoula, MT, is located in western Montana, between Yellowstone and Glacier National Parks. The great outdoors are just minutes away, with walking, hiking, and biking trails throughout town, and the Clark Fork River running through it offers ample opportunity for fishing and rafting. The vibrant downtown area boasts shops, breweries, restaurants, and concerts year-round.