Full Associate Veterinarian/Pets First Veterinary Clinic/Chicago, IL
DVM Wanted: Outstanding practice with excellent work/life balance
• Generous benefit package
• 10-year-old, privately owned Integrative practice with an exceptional team and culture, based in a very diverse and vibrant Chicago neighborhood
• Experienced DVM preferred, new graduates considered.
About Pets First Veterinary Clinic:
Pets First Veterinary Clinic primary focus is to provide exceptional individualized care for our clients and patients. The outstanding service and quality medical care are provided by competent, caring, and compassionate veterinarians and the support staff. We build long term relationships with our clients who trust us with the care of their precious pets. We are fully equipped with digital radiography, digital dental radiography, hand-held ultrasound, in house lab, state of the art anesthetic monitoring equipment, Cold laser therapy unit and, electroacupuncture unit. We are appointment based with 30 minutes wellness visits and 60-minute new puppy and medical concern visits. We have an excellent support staff who strive extremely hard to help us equip clients with the knowledge they need to make informed decisions about their pets’ care through education, transparency, empathy, and clear and open communication.
Benefits/Offer based on full time employment:
• Competitive base salary plus production bonuses
• Medical and dental insurance individual and for families*
• Paid time off* • 401K with match and profit sharing*
• Dues, license fees covered*
• Employee pet care discount
• CE Stipend and time off for CE*
• Uniform allowance
• No on-call or after-hours responsibilities
• Dedicated technicians for all patient appointments and two during surgery
• Opportunity to practice alternative approach such as Acupuncture, chiropractic, herbal medicine, and exotic medicine if desired
* These benefits are reserved for veterinarians committed to a minimum of 30-40 hours per week.
Interested candidates please submit a current resume including references and a cover letter highlighting why you would be a good fit for our practice. We will contact you within a week of receiving your application if we would like to schedule an interview.
• Experienced with soft tissue surgery and/or dentistry skills preferred or a highly motivated new graduate
• Possess outstanding communication skills and thrive on building lasting relationships with clients and fellow team members
• Provides compassionate and quality care to patients and clients
• Motivates staff, builds, and maintains morale and maintains core values and standards
• Sets an example for the staff in dealing with clients; promotes the concept of client-centered environment
• Promotes collaborative and cooperative working environment among staff members and veterinarians; understands the value of teamwork; shows enthusiasm and willingness to perform as necessary to help the practice function as a team
• Maintains positive, cooperative relationships with other employees
• Must be a DVM or VMD from an accredited university with license to practice in Illinois and possess a State of Illinois and Controlled substance licenses.