· Annual continuing education budget with paid CE days
· Paid licensure (DEA, state, local memberships)
· Vin membership
· 401k with employer match
· Advanced training opportunities (dental, ultrasound, surgical)
· Generous pet discount
· Positive, collaborative culture that emphasizes teamwork and supports personal growth
· Up to date equipment and standard of care including; urgent care, advanced diagnostics, surgical procedures, acupuncture, herbal medicine, pain management, dentistry, ultrasound and client grief counselling
Valley Cottage Animal Hospital has a reputation for excellence in veterinary care and has been serving community since 1980. VCAH is an AAHA accredited practice and works daily to uphold those standards. The veterinarians and staff at Valley Cottage Animal Hospital look forward to welcoming a positive team player to our world class veterinary hospital! We offer emergency and critical care as well as general medicine and surgery in a state of the art facility, including comprehensive urgent care, wellness care for dogs, cats, birds and exotic pets, and advanced veterinary diagnostics and surgery.
Currently our staff includes 8 full time general practice veterinarians, and Diplomates of the American Board of Veterinary Practitioners and the American College of Surgery and a consulting Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Radiologists. We are proud to be nominated as a 2016 AAHA Practice of the Year Finalist.
Educational opportunities include daily inpatient rounds, in-house lectures, and monthly regional continuing education lectures. Our proximity to other major referral centers in the Tri- state area allows for additional continuing education lectures, and advanced imaging referral availability.
Rockland County is located in the beautiful Hudson Valley of New York. Our numerous state parks provide a wonderful setting for hiking, running, or walking your four-legged companions. Easy access to the Hudson River allows for riverside restaurants, fishing and boating activities. We are fortunate to be located only 20 minutes from Manhattan arts and nightlife, as well as Northern New Jersey shopping.
Requirements for this position include a Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine, New York State license in good standing, and license with DEA.