Veterinarian Asheville NC surgery only PT or FT 3-4 day week
Open Door Veterinary Care
Location: Asheville, North Carolina
Type: Full Time
DVM or equivalent
2 openings available.
Do you love surgery and dentals and wish you could exclusively do this type of work? Open Door Veterinary Care is looking for a part or full-time surgeon interested in dentals, spay/neuters, and soft tissue surgeries.
Here are some details:
Be at home more than you are at work. Choose between 3.5, 4 or 5 day work week with no long evenings past 6:00pm, no weekends, on call, or emergency hours.
We welcome veterinarians with children who may want to work part-time or half days and can create a flexible schedule that allows you to have a career and see your family.
2. Competitive pay, health insurance, vacation, holidays and CE package. We offer between $115-150k to start depending on schedule and experience. We offer 4 weeks vacation and CE package ranging from $2,500-5,000.
3. No non competes or contracts. We want you to be with us because you want to not because you're locked in a contract.
4.Not corporate owned. We are privately owned so you have say in how you practice medicine.
5. Ratio of minimum of 3 support staff per veterinarian so your support team handles the details and you focus on the medicine/surgery and you all use your skills to the fullest.
6. Focus on patient care and don't worry about financial conversations. Our admin team handles all payment conversations and we offer payment plans, pet savings, and our Stay Together fund where we give $1 from every healthy pet exam fee into a special fund our veterinary team can use to help clients so if a client comes in with a foreign body, or pyometra you can just focus on getting the surgery scheduled and not worry about the client's finances.
7. Have all the equipment you need-digital x-ray, dental x-ray, ultrasound and more.
We are looking for someone ideally with at least one year of surgical experience to add to our growing team but are open to everyone.
Our Guidelines we follow for a humane culture for the pets in our care and our staff:
We believe all pets and their families deserve access to veterinary care.
We work to remove barriers to care.
Every pet in our care will receive our best efforts.
No pet will be euthanized for economic euthanasia.
We are committed to helping pets as well as the people who care for them.
We will assume everyone is doing their best and give them the benefit of the doubt.
We will treat each other with compassion and empathy and support one another.