- Part-time or full-time considered
- Salary based on experience and work schedule.
- Benefits include health insurance options, Aflac options, license, liability insurance, CE, holidays, accrued sick and vacation leave, personal pet discounts
DVM or equivalent
Humane Society of North Central Florida is a private, non-profit, no-kill animal shelter located in Gainesville, FL. Our mission, through collaborative efforts with area rescues and shelters, is to stop unnecessary euthanasia in North Central Florida. In addition to our mission of ending euthanasia of healthy or treatable animals in our area, Humane Society of North Central Florida strives to be a resource for pet owners in our community. We offer education and outreach for animal owners by providing accessible veterinary services such as spay/neuter and wellness clinics. We are looking for a similarly minded veterinarian with high quality, high volume spay/neuter and/or clinical skills to support our mission. Full time or part time will be considered
- Provide quality medical care to both public and shelter patients. - Provide HQHVSN services, dentals, and other surgical care in our surgical program. - Work with clients to provide a service that is tailored to their needs and the needs of their pets to attain the best possible outcome for retaining a healthy pet in the home. - Rotating weekend “on call” to answer questions via text or call from on site technicians treating shelter patients. Does NOT require in person care or communication with the public. - Foster the growth and wellbeing of our shelter programs. - Strong communication skills to enhance client, employee, and foster education. - Give clear direction and oversight to technicians, veterinary assistants, and volunteers. - Work with veterinary student externs to provide valuable clinical and surgical experiences. - Consider the bigger picture and work independently and as a team (with staff and volunteers) to accomplish the greater good for the organization and the community. - Evaluate cleaning program for prevention of infectious/zoonotic disease. - Assist in shelter management as it pertains to veterinary medicine. - Positive, flexible attitude. - Recognize the individual contributions of volunteers, staff, and rescue partners to the success of our organization.
- Renovated surgical suite - New digital radiology equipment - New dental equipment including dental radiology - Mobile ultrasound and echocardiogram available - Clinic renovation in the works - Four (or less) weekday work schedule - Ability to treat treatable/manageable diseases in shelter pets with referral options in appropriate cases - Be a part of a broader effort to improve animal welfare in our region and treat a wide range of medical and surgical cases.
Humane Society of North Central Florida is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to helping pets in Alachua County and North Central Florida for more than 40 years. We strive to act as advocates for pets and pet owners through the rehabilitation and adoption of pets, humane education and outreach and low cost spay/neuter and veterinary care for our community’s companion animals.