We offer competitive compensation, including benefits such as health insurance, CE allowance, and paid time off. Join our team and make a difference in the lives of animals every day.
Paid time off
Professional development assistance
Flexible Schedule Monday to Friday
Weekends as needed.
Supplemental pay types:
DVM or equivalent
Internal Number: Associate Vet
Our veterinarians need to be able to diagnose and treat various diseases, illnesses, dental issues, and injuries in pets. The veterinarians are expected to explain diagnoses and treatments to pet owners, prepare pets for surgeries, and administer immunizations. You should also be able to answer pet owners' questions and educate new pet owners on general pet care.
To be successful as an FFVH Veterinarian, you should be able to keep abreast of the latest developments in animal medicine. Ultimately, an exceptional Veterinarian should display a sound knowledge of animal healthcare and treat all pets with compassion and love.
- Provide high-quality veterinary care to a variety of animals
- Perform routine check-ups, vaccinations, and preventative care
- Diagnose and treat illnesses and injuries in animals
- Perform surgeries and other medical procedures as needed
- Educate pet owners on proper animal care and nutrition
- Maintain accurate medical records for all patients and client interactions
- Collaborate with other veterinary professionals to provide comprehensive care
- Must obtain a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited veterinary school
- Valid state veterinary license
- Strong knowledge of animal care and veterinary medicine
- Experience in veterinary critical care and emergency medicine is preferred
- Excellent animal handling skills and the ability to work with a variety of species
- Proficiency in practice management software and veterinary terminology
- Knowledge of animal physiology and behavior
- Experience with exotic mammal medicine is a plus
- Effective communication skills and the ability to educate pet owners on proper care
Note: This job description is intended to provide a general overview of the position. It is neither exhaustive nor comprehensive. The responsibilities and qualifications may vary depending on the specific needs of the veterinary practice.
About Family Friends Veterinary Hospital (FFVH):
We are a privately owned AAHA accredited small animal and exotic mammal hospital that aims to provide the highest level of medical care, service, and safety to our patients. FFVH is confident that you will find the hospital a dynamic and rewarding place to work. Dr. Rogers looks forward to a productive and successful relationship with the next Veterinarian as Family Friends considers all the employees to be one of the most valuable resources. The clinic holds in high regards as a friendly and family-oriented culture while upholding a professional environment. Which is evident in the high retention rate of senior staff.
Our mission is to recognize a client's animal as a valuable member of the family. The staff at FFVH treat each patient as if that pet is one of his/her own.