Budgeted Salary: Initial placement will be between $24.77 – $26.93/Hour, commensurate with educational background and relevant working experience.
Under general supervision, handle animals, assist pathologists and technicians to collect, process and discard tissues obtained from animal necropsy. Perform data entry and record keeping, cleaning/disinfection/waste removal, and laboratory maintenance for necropsy facilities. Receive and accession pathology cases; perform specimen, media and biohazardous material receiving/ processing/routing; and biohazard waste management.
• Experience working in a lab setting.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA):
• Skills to work with biohazardous blood, dead animals, tissues, and to handle potentially infectious material.
• Skills to effectively shift priorities and prioritize a heavy workload to meet required deadlines, while providing attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
• Interpersonal, customer service, and communication skills to interact effectively and professionally with a wide variety of individuals including CAHFS faculty and staff, clients, individuals from other university units, and government/outside agencies.
• Skills to learn diagnostic procedures and tests used in a diagnostic laboratory, appropriate sample types and sampling techniques for a variety of microbiologic, immunologic, histologic and clinical chemistry tests, and veterinary and medical terminology.
• Computer skills to quickly/accurately perform data entry into computer.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA):
• Working knowledge of diagnostic procedures and tests used in a diagnostic laboratory, as well as veterinary and medical terminology.
• Skills to learn computer programs designed for sample tracking, worksheet production, and workload reporting.
This position is a critical position and subject to a background check. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation including criminal history and identity checks.
To view full job description and submit an on-line application visit UC Davis Career Opportunities at
Job ID# 64849
The University of California, Davis is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer